Friday, September 25

My First Weekend Travels!

Watch our Assisi and Cinque Terre... the Iowa Staters are coming to town!  It's our first school day trip this weekend... as in tomorrow... and we're headed to Assisi!  It is supposed to be a beautiful town with a very cool art museum and very famous church.  About 50 of us are headed out on a bus early in the morning and will get to spend the day in this fun little town together.  Let's hope it goes smooth and that we don't lose anyone or anything like that because traveling with a group of 50 people could get interesting!


Then, on Sunday early morning, my roommates and I are headed to Cinque Terre for 2 days.  Cinque Terre is an area right on the coast that is made up of 5 small, quaint towns surrounded by huge hills and cliffs.  We are going to hike through the hills from town to town (don't worry, they are close together otherwise I'd be taking a taxi because I'm out of shape!) all day one day.  It's kinda the popular thing to do there... apparently some of the cliffs are really steep and crazy, but the views are going to be incredible!  The next day, I'm planning on shopping at all the fun little trade store in each town to stock up on goodies.  We also are going to go to the beach for awhile, but it's rocky so not the best for laying out!  I'm really excited for the trip and know that we are going to have lots of fun!


I am putting up new pics from this week so far.  We took another 3 hour art history walk that led us to the very first entrance to the city of Roma, a few churches, and up to the top of the Abaline Hill that overlooks the entire city.  In the pictures you'll see some large, carved wood doors... they are the oldest in Roma and were beautiful!  Also, I threw in the final comp of my volumetric prototype that I talked about earlier and there are a few sketches and the comps of our Primo project.  Hope you enjoy... miss and love everyone from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment